Antony, Army Chief to review exercise `Shoorveer`
Jaipur: Defence Minister AK Antony and Army Chief VK Singh will review the culminating stages of the ongoing summer training exercise `Shoorveer` on May three next.
Singh will be coming on May two and Antony will be there the next day to review the training event going on at Hanumangarh district of the state, a defence spokesperson said.
"The Defence Minister and Army Chief will review the exercise along with the army officers. Thereafter the training event will culminate into a major joint Army-Air Force exercise", the spokesperson said.
Meanwhile, the exercise was reviewed today by Lt Gen Gyan Bhushan, Army Commander of South Western Command, he said.
The exercise is scheduled to culminate with the Sapta Shakti Command carrying out swift battle manoeuvres and joint operations with the Indian Air Force, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city