Antony, Army Chief to review exercise `Shoorveer`
Jaipur: Defence Minister AK Antony and Army Chief VK Singh will review the culminating stages of the ongoing summer training exercise `Shoorveer` on May three next.
Singh will be coming on May two and Antony will be there the next day to review the training event going on at Hanumangarh district of the state, a defence spokesperson said.
"The Defence Minister and Army Chief will review the exercise along with the army officers. Thereafter the training event will culminate into a major joint Army-Air Force exercise", the spokesperson said.
Meanwhile, the exercise was reviewed today by Lt Gen Gyan Bhushan, Army Commander of South Western Command, he said.
The exercise is scheduled to culminate with the Sapta Shakti Command carrying out swift battle manoeuvres and joint operations with the Indian Air Force, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20
- 50,000 fans register for Xiaomi Mi Max launch event
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module