Antony, Army Chief to review exercise `Shoorveer`
Jaipur: Defence Minister AK Antony and Army Chief VK Singh will review the culminating stages of the ongoing summer training exercise `Shoorveer` on May three next.
Singh will be coming on May two and Antony will be there the next day to review the training event going on at Hanumangarh district of the state, a defence spokesperson said.
"The Defence Minister and Army Chief will review the exercise along with the army officers. Thereafter the training event will culminate into a major joint Army-Air Force exercise", the spokesperson said.
Meanwhile, the exercise was reviewed today by Lt Gen Gyan Bhushan, Army Commander of South Western Command, he said.
The exercise is scheduled to culminate with the Sapta Shakti Command carrying out swift battle manoeuvres and joint operations with the Indian Air Force, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'