Antony, Army Chief to review exercise `Shoorveer`
Jaipur: Defence Minister AK Antony and Army Chief VK Singh will review the culminating stages of the ongoing summer training exercise `Shoorveer` on May three next.
Singh will be coming on May two and Antony will be there the next day to review the training event going on at Hanumangarh district of the state, a defence spokesperson said.
"The Defence Minister and Army Chief will review the exercise along with the army officers. Thereafter the training event will culminate into a major joint Army-Air Force exercise", the spokesperson said.
Meanwhile, the exercise was reviewed today by Lt Gen Gyan Bhushan, Army Commander of South Western Command, he said.
The exercise is scheduled to culminate with the Sapta Shakti Command carrying out swift battle manoeuvres and joint operations with the Indian Air Force, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!