Antony for level playing field in defence deals
New Delhi: Promising a level playing field
for all firms in defence deals, Defence Minister AK Antony
on Tuesday asked them to refrain from corrupt practices and ruled
out any question of political interference in military
"I want to tell vendors that in defence acquisition,
there is no question of political decisions," Antony said,
stressing that decisions related to defence acquisitions would
never be based on political considerations.
Addressing an international seminar on defence
acquisition, he said quality and price would be the only
criterion for buying equipment from such firms.
"Don`t try to corrupt our people... Quality and price are
the only criteria in terms of acquisition. All the vendors
will get level playing field," he said.
The Defence Minister also asked the sellers of defence
equipment to inform the Ministry about the "corrupt and greedy
persons" they come across during such deals.
"In an effort to modernise our defence forces, we are not
willing to waste even one rupee of our taxpayers money to
corruption," Antony said.
On participation of the private sector in the acquisition
process, he said, "There is a lot of space for private and
public sectors to coexist. In the years to come, both public
and private sectors would have to work together to meet the
Commenting on the Defence Procurement Policy (DPP), the
Minister said, "We want to strengthen defence industrial base.
The offset policy has far more potential than that has been
tapped. Offsets need a greater thrust to enhance research and
development, logistic capabilities and defence
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!