Antony for level playing field in defence deals
New Delhi: Promising a level playing field
for all firms in defence deals, Defence Minister AK Antony
on Tuesday asked them to refrain from corrupt practices and ruled
out any question of political interference in military
"I want to tell vendors that in defence acquisition,
there is no question of political decisions," Antony said,
stressing that decisions related to defence acquisitions would
never be based on political considerations.
Addressing an international seminar on defence
acquisition, he said quality and price would be the only
criterion for buying equipment from such firms.
"Don`t try to corrupt our people... Quality and price are
the only criteria in terms of acquisition. All the vendors
will get level playing field," he said.
The Defence Minister also asked the sellers of defence
equipment to inform the Ministry about the "corrupt and greedy
persons" they come across during such deals.
"In an effort to modernise our defence forces, we are not
willing to waste even one rupee of our taxpayers money to
corruption," Antony said.
On participation of the private sector in the acquisition
process, he said, "There is a lot of space for private and
public sectors to coexist. In the years to come, both public
and private sectors would have to work together to meet the
Commenting on the Defence Procurement Policy (DPP), the
Minister said, "We want to strengthen defence industrial base.
The offset policy has far more potential than that has been
tapped. Offsets need a greater thrust to enhance research and
development, logistic capabilities and defence
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi