Antony hasn`t come up with proposals on Telangana: Owaisi
New Delhi: In the wake of reports of proposals by the AK Antony Committee on Telangana, AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Tuesday raised the issue with the defence minister and said he has not come up with any recommendations.
"I have asked Antony about the committee`s reports in newspapers. He (Antony) has clearly stated that he has not given any such report," the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen leader told reporters here after a meeting with the GoM on Telangana in which Antony was also present.
The Committee headed by Antony was set up by the party leadership soon after the Congress Working Committee (CWC) announced the creation of Telangana.
Meanwhile, TRS has also expressed dismay over the reported Antony Committee proposals.
"If true, as reported by media, they go against the basic tenets of the Indian Constitution. The proposals will create a special class of privileged people in Hyderabad city," a note submitted by TRS to the GoM said. Telangana people have precisely agitated against this manipulative and exploitative class, it said.
"Hence, any attempt to mollify this class and perpetuate their hegemony in the city of Hyderabad will negate the very purpose of the creation of Telangana," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'