Antony hasn`t come up with proposals on Telangana: Owaisi
New Delhi: In the wake of reports of proposals by the AK Antony Committee on Telangana, AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Tuesday raised the issue with the defence minister and said he has not come up with any recommendations.
"I have asked Antony about the committee`s reports in newspapers. He (Antony) has clearly stated that he has not given any such report," the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen leader told reporters here after a meeting with the GoM on Telangana in which Antony was also present.
The Committee headed by Antony was set up by the party leadership soon after the Congress Working Committee (CWC) announced the creation of Telangana.
Meanwhile, TRS has also expressed dismay over the reported Antony Committee proposals.
"If true, as reported by media, they go against the basic tenets of the Indian Constitution. The proposals will create a special class of privileged people in Hyderabad city," a note submitted by TRS to the GoM said. Telangana people have precisely agitated against this manipulative and exploitative class, it said.
"Hence, any attempt to mollify this class and perpetuate their hegemony in the city of Hyderabad will negate the very purpose of the creation of Telangana," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days