Antony hosts farewell dinner for Army chief
New Delhi: Defence minister A K Antony on Wednesday hosted a farewell dinner for Army chief General V K Singh who is retiring on May 31.
The Army chief attended the dinner at the Army Battle Honours Mess at Delhi Cantt and the President will host a banquet for him on Thursday.
General Singh`s last major function would be the National Defence Academy passing out parade on May 30 in Khadakvasla near Pune.
He will hand over the reins of the Army to Lt Gen Bikram Singh on May 31 afternoon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed