Antony meets Mamata
Kolkata: Defence Minister AK Antony
held an hour-long meeting here with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in the backdrop of the Trinamool Congress` (TC) stiff opposition to FDI in multibrand retail, forward trading and pension bills.
Neither Antony nor Banerjee briefed the press about the deliberations when hordes of scribes sought their comments on what they discussed at the Writers` Buildings.
UPA is seeking ally TC`s nod to FDI in multibrand retail and other key reforms and the meeting came ahead of the next UPA coordination committee meeting expected to be held later this month in Delhi.
Antony, however, said the defence ministry would provide all support to the state government in its Ganga riverbank beautification scheme in the city.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory