Antony meets Mamata
Kolkata: Defence Minister AK Antony
held an hour-long meeting here with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in the backdrop of the Trinamool Congress` (TC) stiff opposition to FDI in multibrand retail, forward trading and pension bills.
Neither Antony nor Banerjee briefed the press about the deliberations when hordes of scribes sought their comments on what they discussed at the Writers` Buildings.
UPA is seeking ally TC`s nod to FDI in multibrand retail and other key reforms and the meeting came ahead of the next UPA coordination committee meeting expected to be held later this month in Delhi.
Antony, however, said the defence ministry would provide all support to the state government in its Ganga riverbank beautification scheme in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!