Antony on visit to Seychelles from Sunday
New Delhi: To further strengthen the
bilateral defence ties and increase cooperation in anti-piracy
operations, Defence Minister A K Antony will be on a two-day
visit to Seychelles starting next Sunday.
"The Defence Minister will have discussions with the
Seychelles leadership on bilateral defence cooperation and
implementation of the provisions of the defence cooperation
MoU between both countries," Ministry officials said here.
The two sides would also discuss various security issues,
including the security situation in the Indian Ocean region
and the spread of piracy in and from the Gulf of Aden.
"They will also explore the possibility of cooperation to
combat this menace," the officials said.
Defence Secretary Pradeep Kumar and Navy Vice Chief Vice
Admiral D K Dewan would accompany the minister during the
India and Seychelles have enhanced their defence ties and
have been working together to counter piracy-related
incidents in the Indian Ocean region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar in awe of Radhika Apte's 'Phobia'!
- Congress nominates Chidambaram, Sibal, Ramesh for Rajya Sabha polls
- Four new cases of criminal assault on African nationals reported
- You would need to squeeze this phone in order to make a call!
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra's 'Bajirao Mastani' boast IIFA nominations!