Antony on visit to Seychelles from Sunday
New Delhi: To further strengthen the
bilateral defence ties and increase cooperation in anti-piracy
operations, Defence Minister A K Antony will be on a two-day
visit to Seychelles starting next Sunday.
"The Defence Minister will have discussions with the
Seychelles leadership on bilateral defence cooperation and
implementation of the provisions of the defence cooperation
MoU between both countries," Ministry officials said here.
The two sides would also discuss various security issues,
including the security situation in the Indian Ocean region
and the spread of piracy in and from the Gulf of Aden.
"They will also explore the possibility of cooperation to
combat this menace," the officials said.
Defence Secretary Pradeep Kumar and Navy Vice Chief Vice
Admiral D K Dewan would accompany the minister during the
India and Seychelles have enhanced their defence ties and
have been working together to counter piracy-related
incidents in the Indian Ocean region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach