Antony reviews security situation
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Tuesday reviewed the security situation with the three Services chiefs at a meeting here.
He took stock of the operational preparedness of the armed forces in their respective areas of deployment, ministry officials said.
The meeting is believed to have discussed the security situation in the northeast and Jammu and Kashmir, they said.
The Defence Minister holds these meetings with the Services chiefs on a routine basis.
The security situation in the neighbouring countries and the rise of new naval powers such as China is also learnt to have been discussed.
Recently, Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi had said that the India was ready to protect its interests in the disputed South China Sea and may also send its forces there for the purpose.
Besides Admiral Joshi, Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, General Bikram Singh, Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma and National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon were also present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued