Antony reviews security situation
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Tuesday reviewed the security situation with the three Services chiefs at a meeting here.
He took stock of the operational preparedness of the armed forces in their respective areas of deployment, ministry officials said.
The meeting is believed to have discussed the security situation in the northeast and Jammu and Kashmir, they said.
The Defence Minister holds these meetings with the Services chiefs on a routine basis.
The security situation in the neighbouring countries and the rise of new naval powers such as China is also learnt to have been discussed.
Recently, Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi had said that the India was ready to protect its interests in the disputed South China Sea and may also send its forces there for the purpose.
Besides Admiral Joshi, Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, General Bikram Singh, Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma and National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon were also present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical