Antony reviews security situation
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Tuesday reviewed the security situation with the three Services chiefs at a meeting here.
He took stock of the operational preparedness of the armed forces in their respective areas of deployment, ministry officials said.
The meeting is believed to have discussed the security situation in the northeast and Jammu and Kashmir, they said.
The Defence Minister holds these meetings with the Services chiefs on a routine basis.
The security situation in the neighbouring countries and the rise of new naval powers such as China is also learnt to have been discussed.
Recently, Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi had said that the India was ready to protect its interests in the disputed South China Sea and may also send its forces there for the purpose.
Besides Admiral Joshi, Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, General Bikram Singh, Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma and National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon were also present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC