Antony reviews security situation
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Tuesday reviewed the security situation with the three Services chiefs at a meeting here.
He took stock of the operational preparedness of the armed forces in their respective areas of deployment, ministry officials said.
The meeting is believed to have discussed the security situation in the northeast and Jammu and Kashmir, they said.
The Defence Minister holds these meetings with the Services chiefs on a routine basis.
The security situation in the neighbouring countries and the rise of new naval powers such as China is also learnt to have been discussed.
Recently, Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi had said that the India was ready to protect its interests in the disputed South China Sea and may also send its forces there for the purpose.
Besides Admiral Joshi, Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, General Bikram Singh, Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma and National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon were also present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke