Antony reviews security situation
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Tuesday reviewed the security situation with the three Services chiefs at a meeting here.
He took stock of the operational preparedness of the armed forces in their respective areas of deployment, ministry officials said.
The meeting is believed to have discussed the security situation in the northeast and Jammu and Kashmir, they said.
The Defence Minister holds these meetings with the Services chiefs on a routine basis.
The security situation in the neighbouring countries and the rise of new naval powers such as China is also learnt to have been discussed.
Recently, Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi had said that the India was ready to protect its interests in the disputed South China Sea and may also send its forces there for the purpose.
Besides Admiral Joshi, Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, General Bikram Singh, Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma and National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon were also present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report