Antony to participate in security dialogue in June
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony will participate in a three-day security dialogue in Singapore next month, which is also expected to be attended by Pakistan Army Chief Gen Parvez Kayani.
The Defence Minister will present India`s views on regional security scenario at the Shangri-La dialogue starting on June 1, Ministry officials said here.
They said the Defence Minister will hold meetings with his counterparts from other countries but the schedule has not yet been finalised.
The Shangri-La Dialogue has evolved as the key regional forum for discussing important defence and security concerns.
They range from military modernisation programmes changes in the regional balance of power, and the regional security architecture of institutions and alliances, to transnational threats including terrorism, piracy, climate change, and natural disasters.
Since its inaugural meeting in 2002, the dialogue has become a recognised part of the architecture of Asian defence diplomacy and is seen as the region`s premier and most inclusive security institution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Philippine Abu Sayyaf kidnapped 5 sailors, Malaysia says
- Read –Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's letter to employees
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?
- Pakistan needles India again, seeks independent probe into Burhan Wani's 'extra-judicial' killing
- Season's first dengue death reported in Delhi