Antony to participate in security dialogue in June
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony will participate in a three-day security dialogue in Singapore next month, which is also expected to be attended by Pakistan Army Chief Gen Parvez Kayani.
The Defence Minister will present India`s views on regional security scenario at the Shangri-La dialogue starting on June 1, Ministry officials said here.
They said the Defence Minister will hold meetings with his counterparts from other countries but the schedule has not yet been finalised.
The Shangri-La Dialogue has evolved as the key regional forum for discussing important defence and security concerns.
They range from military modernisation programmes changes in the regional balance of power, and the regional security architecture of institutions and alliances, to transnational threats including terrorism, piracy, climate change, and natural disasters.
Since its inaugural meeting in 2002, the dialogue has become a recognised part of the architecture of Asian defence diplomacy and is seen as the region`s premier and most inclusive security institution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head