Antony to review defence coop with Russia
New Delhi: Defence Minister A K Antony will
be in Moscow on a three-day visit starting Monday to take
stock of military cooperation between the two sides and review
ongoing projects like delivery of aircraft-carrier Admiral
Gorshkov, Su-30 MKI, T-90 tanks and frigates.
The Defence Minister will also witness the test-flight of
the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) which is being
developed under an Indo-Russian joint venture.
"The Defence Minister will co-chair the 11th meeting of
the India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Military
Technical Cooperation (IRIGC-MTC) with his Russian counterpart
A E Serdyukov," a Defence Ministry spokesperson said here.
The meeting is held in the run-up to Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh`s summit-level talks with Russia, likely to be
held in December.
Besides regional and global security issues, the two sides
will review the progress of important ongoing projects such as
Admiral Gorshkov, delivery of frigates and Multi-Role
Transport Aircraft, he said.
The two sides will also deliberate upon aspects relating
to licensed manufacture and maintenance of T-90 Tanks and
Su-30 MKI Aircraft in India, the spokesperson said.
The two sides are also expected to discuss the delivery of
K-152 Nerpa nuclear submarine which is being leased to India
by Russia, non-adherence to delivery schedule, mid-contract
cost escalation, lack of spare support and issues over
Transfer of Technology of weapon systems procured from Russia
In the run-up to the meeting, the Defence Secretary and
several senior Ministry officials have visited Russia. Navy
Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma and former IAF Chief Air Chief
Marshal P V Naik had also gone there to review the respective
projects of their services.
The meeting takes place every year and is held
alternatively in India and Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing