Antony to review infrastructure projects on China border
New Delhi: To review the security situation and infrastructure development projects on the Indo-China border, Defence Minister AK Antony will proceed on a two-day visit of the North-Eastern areas starting from Thursday.
"The Defence Minister would be accompanied by Army Chief General VK Singh and Defence Secretary Pradeep Kumar. Besides visiting the military stations, the minister would also take stock of the ongoing infrastructure developments projects in the area," Defence Ministry officials said here.
Starting from Tezpur and Chabua in Assam, Antony would proceed to Rangapahar Military Station in Nagaland, Kibithu in Arunachal Pradesh and Leimakhong in Manipur.
On Wednesday, while talking to mediapersons, the minister had expressed "serious concerns" over the modernisation of Chinese military and its ever-increasing defence spendings.
"We also must strengthen our capabilities and infrastructure in our area and we are doing it. The government is also modernising armed forces and strengthening infrastructure in border areas," he had said.
Following Chinese missile deployment and increasing military infrastructure along the Indian border, India too has launched programmes to upgrade roads and aviation bases in the
After raising two mountain divisions of the Indian Aarmy, the Defence Ministry is also looking forward to deploy frontline Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter aircraft in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- The answer to past earthquakes lies with the ancient Himalayan temples!
- No separate guidelines for defence PSUs on JVs: Govt
- Arvind Kejriwal says PM Narendra Modi can even get him killed; now, BJP's reaction is interesting - READ
- Monsanto case: CCI rejects pleas seeking review of probe order
- Man who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan in 1981 to be freed