Antony to review infrastructure projects on China border
New Delhi: To review the security situation and infrastructure development projects on the Indo-China border, Defence Minister AK Antony will proceed on a two-day visit of the North-Eastern areas starting from Thursday.
"The Defence Minister would be accompanied by Army Chief General VK Singh and Defence Secretary Pradeep Kumar. Besides visiting the military stations, the minister would also take stock of the ongoing infrastructure developments projects in the area," Defence Ministry officials said here.
Starting from Tezpur and Chabua in Assam, Antony would proceed to Rangapahar Military Station in Nagaland, Kibithu in Arunachal Pradesh and Leimakhong in Manipur.
On Wednesday, while talking to mediapersons, the minister had expressed "serious concerns" over the modernisation of Chinese military and its ever-increasing defence spendings.
"We also must strengthen our capabilities and infrastructure in our area and we are doing it. The government is also modernising armed forces and strengthening infrastructure in border areas," he had said.
Following Chinese missile deployment and increasing military infrastructure along the Indian border, India too has launched programmes to upgrade roads and aviation bases in the
After raising two mountain divisions of the Indian Aarmy, the Defence Ministry is also looking forward to deploy frontline Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter aircraft in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city