Antony to visit Indonesia for defence dialogue
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony will pay a three-day visit to Indonesia starting Monday to participate in the first ministerial-level defence dialogue between the two countries.
"The defence dialogue mechanism at the highest level was agreed upon during the visit of Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to India in January last year," the Defence Ministry said in a release.
Antony is expected to hold discussions on issues of bilateral defence cooperation and regional and maritime security, it said.
Defence ties between India and Indonesia have been progressing steadily ever since the two sides signed the Agreement on Defence Cooperation in 2001.
Navies of the two countries carry out regular coordinated patrols along their international maritime boundary line and their armies also held their first-ever exercise this year.
During the visit, Antony is expected to call on President Yudhoyono and meet the Foreign Minister of Indonesia.
Antony will be accompanied by a high-level delegation which will include Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma, Vice Admiral SPS Cheema, and Director General Ordnance Factory Board SK Beri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!