Antony to visit Indonesia for defence dialogue
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony will pay a three-day visit to Indonesia starting Monday to participate in the first ministerial-level defence dialogue between the two countries.
"The defence dialogue mechanism at the highest level was agreed upon during the visit of Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to India in January last year," the Defence Ministry said in a release.
Antony is expected to hold discussions on issues of bilateral defence cooperation and regional and maritime security, it said.
Defence ties between India and Indonesia have been progressing steadily ever since the two sides signed the Agreement on Defence Cooperation in 2001.
Navies of the two countries carry out regular coordinated patrols along their international maritime boundary line and their armies also held their first-ever exercise this year.
During the visit, Antony is expected to call on President Yudhoyono and meet the Foreign Minister of Indonesia.
Antony will be accompanied by a high-level delegation which will include Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma, Vice Admiral SPS Cheema, and Director General Ordnance Factory Board SK Beri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill