Antony to visit Indonesia for defence dialogue
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony will pay a three-day visit to Indonesia starting Monday to participate in the first ministerial-level defence dialogue between the two countries.
"The defence dialogue mechanism at the highest level was agreed upon during the visit of Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to India in January last year," the Defence Ministry said in a release.
Antony is expected to hold discussions on issues of bilateral defence cooperation and regional and maritime security, it said.
Defence ties between India and Indonesia have been progressing steadily ever since the two sides signed the Agreement on Defence Cooperation in 2001.
Navies of the two countries carry out regular coordinated patrols along their international maritime boundary line and their armies also held their first-ever exercise this year.
During the visit, Antony is expected to call on President Yudhoyono and meet the Foreign Minister of Indonesia.
Antony will be accompanied by a high-level delegation which will include Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma, Vice Admiral SPS Cheema, and Director General Ordnance Factory Board SK Beri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city