Anuj`s murder was unprovoked, racist angle not ruled out
Pune: Britain`s police have described the
December 26 murder of city-based Anuj Bidve as "unprovoked and
motiveless attack" without ruling out the racist angle, the
sister of the deceased said on Monday.
Briefing reporters after a two-member team of Greater
Manchester police headed by chief superintendent Berry Russel
Jackson visited the Bidve family to apprise them about the
circumstances leading to murder of the 23-year-old student at
Lancaster university, and the state of investigation, Suruchi
Wagh said, "We were told Anuj was killed in an unprovoked and
motiveless attack. The Manchester police have not ruled out
the racist angle or hate crime.
"We want justice to be done in the case and hope that the
accused are brought to book."
Suruchi also appealed to the Indian High commission in
Britain to expedite the matters relating to sending of Anuj`s
body to Pune.
"We are anxious about this and want the body to be sent
here as early as possible", she added.
According to the information given to the family by the
Manchester police team which spent two hours with them, a
second post mortem would be performed on the body of Anuj
tomorrow and if the reports of both autopsies matched, it
would be handed over to the relatives through Indian High
The Bidve family members including Anuj`s father Subhash
are slated to leave for Britain tomorrow to claim the body.
Wagh also said that the British team was apologetic
about delay in conveying the news of Anuj`s death to his
parents in India.
"We have full trust in the investigation by Greater
Manchester police who have put 30 persons to work on the
case", she said and thanked all well wishers in the country
and the UK for the support extended to the family in its hour
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list