Anuradha Bali ‘Fiza’ found dead
Mohali: Anuradha Bali alias Fiza, who had shot to fame after she married former deputy chief minister of Haryana Chander Mohan, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her house in Mohali on Monday morning.
Mohan has denied having any information about her. He told Zee News that he was not in touch with her ever since he divorced her in 2009.
Her body was found by her paternal uncle when he visited her today morning at her home located in Mohali.
The body of the former Assistant Advocate General of Haryana was found in her bedroom in a highly decomposed state, Deputy Superintendent of Police DS Mann told reporters here.
"She may have died four to five days back," he said.
Mann said that preliminary investigations did not indicate any scuffle between her and any other person in the room and the cause of the death could be ascertained only after the postmortem report.
"At this stage nothing can be stated on whether it is a case of suicide," Mann said.
No suicide note has so far been recovered, Mohali SSP G S Bhullar said.
But given the fact that she had tried to commit suicide in 2009, it is feared that she killed herself.
The police opened the house after neighbours reported foul smell coming from there.
She was living alone in the house after the death of her mother earlier this year; her father had passed away earlier.
Her body has been sent for post-mortem even as the police has begun probe. Fiza’s body was fully clothed and was lying on the bed.
Anuradha, a former Assistant Advocate General of Haryana, had shot to fame after she left her job to marry Chander Mohan in December 2008. Mohan is the son of former Haryana CM Bhajan Lal.
They converted to Islam to get married. Anuradha Bali took up the name of Fiza Mohammed, while Chander Mohan became Chand Mohammed.
Mohan shifted to her house to live with her but left her within two months and went back to his family – his previous wife and two children.
Some days later he called her up and announced that he was divorcing her. He also sent her a SMS ‘talaq talaq talaq’. Fiza had rejected the divorce and had fought for her rights. She alleged that Chand’s act of marrying her by converting to Islam was just aimed at committing fraud and having sexual relations with her.
However, she gave up the fight within months. Later, Fiza had become very depressed. Recently, she had announced that she will form a party and contest against Chander Mohan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!