Anuradha Bali ‘Fiza’ found dead
Mohali: Anuradha Bali alias Fiza, who had shot to fame after she married former deputy chief minister of Haryana Chander Mohan, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her house in Mohali on Monday morning.
Mohan has denied having any information about her. He told Zee News that he was not in touch with her ever since he divorced her in 2009.
Her body was found by her paternal uncle when he visited her today morning at her home located in Mohali.
The body of the former Assistant Advocate General of Haryana was found in her bedroom in a highly decomposed state, Deputy Superintendent of Police DS Mann told reporters here.
"She may have died four to five days back," he said.
Mann said that preliminary investigations did not indicate any scuffle between her and any other person in the room and the cause of the death could be ascertained only after the postmortem report.
"At this stage nothing can be stated on whether it is a case of suicide," Mann said.
No suicide note has so far been recovered, Mohali SSP G S Bhullar said.
But given the fact that she had tried to commit suicide in 2009, it is feared that she killed herself.
The police opened the house after neighbours reported foul smell coming from there.
She was living alone in the house after the death of her mother earlier this year; her father had passed away earlier.
Her body has been sent for post-mortem even as the police has begun probe. Fiza’s body was fully clothed and was lying on the bed.
Anuradha, a former Assistant Advocate General of Haryana, had shot to fame after she left her job to marry Chander Mohan in December 2008. Mohan is the son of former Haryana CM Bhajan Lal.
They converted to Islam to get married. Anuradha Bali took up the name of Fiza Mohammed, while Chander Mohan became Chand Mohammed.
Mohan shifted to her house to live with her but left her within two months and went back to his family – his previous wife and two children.
Some days later he called her up and announced that he was divorcing her. He also sent her a SMS ‘talaq talaq talaq’. Fiza had rejected the divorce and had fought for her rights. She alleged that Chand’s act of marrying her by converting to Islam was just aimed at committing fraud and having sexual relations with her.
However, she gave up the fight within months. Later, Fiza had become very depressed. Recently, she had announced that she will form a party and contest against Chander Mohan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!