Anurag Thakur takes over as BJP youth wing chief
New Delhi: Hamirpur MP and former Ranji
player Anurag Thakur Monday took over as president of the
Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha with the promise that he would
rejuvenate the youth wing.
Thakur, 35, son of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister
Prem Kumar Dhumal, gave the slogan of "struggle, service and
sacrifice" to his BJYM colleagues.
He lamented that today`s youth did not see politics
as a profession and instead preferred to become a doctor or an
In his speech, which began and ended with the slogan
"Bharat Mata ki jai", Thakur exhorted the BJP youth wing to
strengthen the organisation.
He observed that India has the maximum number of youth
among all nations and there was a need to tap this section.
BJP president Nitin Gadkari and Leader of Opposition
in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, who were to scheduled to attend
the programme, could not do so due to other engagements.
BJP general secretaries Ananth Kumar, Ravi Shankar
Prasad and J P Nadda, general secretary (Organisation) Ram
Lal and cricketer-turned MP Navjot Singh Siddhu addressed the
Thakur succeeds Amit Thakkar to the post of BJYM
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Central Government plays waiting game as Wrestling Federation backs dope-tainted Narsingh Yadav
- File chargesheet against Chhota Rajan in Dey murder case by Aug 5, court tells CBI
- Swimming's governing body FINA bans seven Russians from participating at Rio Olympics
- Not liable to repay Rs 6,000 crore debt due to breach of terms: Kingfisher Airlines
- Pakistan assures China of 'smooth progress' of economic corridor