Anurag Thakur takes over as BJP youth wing chief
New Delhi: Hamirpur MP and former Ranji
player Anurag Thakur Monday took over as president of the
Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha with the promise that he would
rejuvenate the youth wing.
Thakur, 35, son of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister
Prem Kumar Dhumal, gave the slogan of "struggle, service and
sacrifice" to his BJYM colleagues.
He lamented that today`s youth did not see politics
as a profession and instead preferred to become a doctor or an
In his speech, which began and ended with the slogan
"Bharat Mata ki jai", Thakur exhorted the BJP youth wing to
strengthen the organisation.
He observed that India has the maximum number of youth
among all nations and there was a need to tap this section.
BJP president Nitin Gadkari and Leader of Opposition
in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, who were to scheduled to attend
the programme, could not do so due to other engagements.
BJP general secretaries Ananth Kumar, Ravi Shankar
Prasad and J P Nadda, general secretary (Organisation) Ram
Lal and cricketer-turned MP Navjot Singh Siddhu addressed the
Thakur succeeds Amit Thakkar to the post of BJYM
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das