AP CM to meet top Cong leaders during Delhi trip
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy is likely to discuss the issue of "tainted ministers" and dissidence in Congress with top party leaders during his visit to Delhi.
Though Reddy is likely to return here by tomorrow night, as he has official engagements in the city on May 17, his stay in the national capital may extend, official sources said.
Reddy is expected to meet Congress President Sonia Gandhi and General Secretary in-charge of party affairs in AP Ghulam Nabi Azad during his say in the national capital.
He is likely to discuss the issue of six ministers, who are facing allegations of corruption and impropriety amid mounting pressure for their removal from TDP and other Opposition parties and even some ruling Congress leaders.
Two days ago, TDP leaders met ESL Narasimhan and sought dismissal of "tainted Ministers". The main Opposition party has it will launch an agitation over the issue.
Two ministers have so far been made accused in corruption cases involving YSR Congress President Jaganmohan Reddy, who is currently in jail. Both of them had offered to quit, but were asked to continue.
Three ministers are under the CBI scanner, while two others facing allegations of wrongdoing and impropriety.
With the axe falling on ex-Union ministers Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar in graft-related controversies, some Congress leaders in the state have advocated that the party take a similar line in Andhra Pradesh too.
Health Minister D L Ravindra Reddy said today the party leadership may take a decision on the issue of ministers in a week`s time.
Meanwhile, the issue of some ministers expressing dissatisfaction over the "unilateral functioning of the Chief Minister" may also figure in the talks Reddy will have with the central leaders.
Ravindra Reddy and other ministers had reportedly expressed dissatisfaction over the CM announcing a new welfare scheme, Bangaru Thalli, without consulting his cabinet colleagues. State Congress President Botsa Satyanarayana had reportedly forwarded the feelings of the ministers to the party leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday