AP CM to meet top Cong leaders during Delhi trip
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy is likely to discuss the issue of "tainted ministers" and dissidence in Congress with top party leaders during his visit to Delhi.
Though Reddy is likely to return here by tomorrow night, as he has official engagements in the city on May 17, his stay in the national capital may extend, official sources said.
Reddy is expected to meet Congress President Sonia Gandhi and General Secretary in-charge of party affairs in AP Ghulam Nabi Azad during his say in the national capital.
He is likely to discuss the issue of six ministers, who are facing allegations of corruption and impropriety amid mounting pressure for their removal from TDP and other Opposition parties and even some ruling Congress leaders.
Two days ago, TDP leaders met ESL Narasimhan and sought dismissal of "tainted Ministers". The main Opposition party has it will launch an agitation over the issue.
Two ministers have so far been made accused in corruption cases involving YSR Congress President Jaganmohan Reddy, who is currently in jail. Both of them had offered to quit, but were asked to continue.
Three ministers are under the CBI scanner, while two others facing allegations of wrongdoing and impropriety.
With the axe falling on ex-Union ministers Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar in graft-related controversies, some Congress leaders in the state have advocated that the party take a similar line in Andhra Pradesh too.
Health Minister D L Ravindra Reddy said today the party leadership may take a decision on the issue of ministers in a week`s time.
Meanwhile, the issue of some ministers expressing dissatisfaction over the "unilateral functioning of the Chief Minister" may also figure in the talks Reddy will have with the central leaders.
Ravindra Reddy and other ministers had reportedly expressed dissatisfaction over the CM announcing a new welfare scheme, Bangaru Thalli, without consulting his cabinet colleagues. State Congress President Botsa Satyanarayana had reportedly forwarded the feelings of the ministers to the party leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed