AP govt to distribute 1 lakh acres land to poor on Nov 1
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government has drawn up a plan to distribute one lakh acres of land to landless poor in the state on November 1, a state minister said on friday.
The government has so far identified 85,480 acres of land to be distributed to 60,888 beneficiaries across the state, according to Revenue Minister N Raghuveera Reddy.
Addressing district Collectors and Joint Collectors through a video-conference from the state Secretariat here today, the Revenue Minister said the government had distributed 7,17,821 acres of land in five phases to 5,10,842 beneficiaries since 2005.
However, only 4,70,713 of the beneficiaries have been given possession of the land (6,68,491 acres) while another 40,129 were yet to get 49,330 acres of land.
Meanwhile, the government has asked District Collectors to review cases of lands alienated or allotted to various firms, organisations and individual in the last ten years and resume such lands if they were not utilised for the specified purpose or if the terms of alienation were violated.
The review and resumption process would be completed in the next six months.
The Revenue Minister wanted the Collectors to scrupulously follow the guidelines under the new Land Allotment Policy to ensure that government land was utilised rationally. The AP Land Management Authority would soon be constituted for clearing the land allotment proposals.
He also asked the Collectors and Joint Collectors to take effective steps for protection of government properties, including land.
The district administration should also take steps for protection of properties belonging to Christians.
The government also revealed that 935 proposals for allotment of land for new burial and cremation grounds in the state were pending disposal.
"This is a very important issue and you should focus on it. An extent of 8,070 acres of land is required for burial/cremation grounds.
A sum of Rs 472.82 crore is required for new burial grounds," Principal Secretary (Revenue) Anil Chandra Punetha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Indian aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan released
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy