AP govt wants former Prez, Narasimha Rao`s statues in Parliament
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government will request Lok Sabha Speaker to install statues of former President Neelam Sanjiva Reddy and ex-Prime Minister P V Narasimha Rao in Parliament.
"We will soon write to Lok Sabha Speaker with a request to install statues of Neelam Sanjiva Reddy and P V Narasimha Rao in Parliament," state Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today said.
He was speaking after inaugurating the centenary birth anniversary celebrations of Neelam Sanjiva Reddy at Ravindra Bharathi here.
Remembering the contributions of the former President to the nation, the Chief Minister said, "Neelam Sanjiva Reddy was a great visionary and every politician should take inspiration from his life."
The state government will rename the government medical college in Anantapur district and the proposed Andhra Pradesh Revenue Academy after Neelam Sanjiva Reddy, he announced.
AP Governor ESL Narasimhan, in his address said Neelam Sanjiva Reddy`s life was a great lesson for both ordinary people and politicians.
On the occasion, Union Minister of State for Communication and Technology Killi Kruparani, released a postal stamp cover in honour of Neelam Sanjiva Reddy, who was AP`s first chief minister. The event also saw release of books in his memory.
Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Panabaka Lakshmi was also present among other dignitaries.
The centenary celebrations, which got underway today, will be held at all Collectorates across Andhra Pradesh till November this year and the valedictory function will be held on November 1 in Anantapur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan