AP Singh appointed new CBI Director
New Delhi: IPS officer Amar Pratap Singh was on Tuesday appointed the new Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation for two years succeeding Ashwani Kumar.
The Appointments` Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh cleared the name of 58-year-old Singh, a 1974 batch IPS officer from Jharkhand cadre, for the post of the new chief of the elite investigating agency.
Singh was serving as Special Director of the agency. He has also held post of additional Director General in BSF and is a recipient of Indian Police Medal and President`s Police Medal.
Ashwani Kumar, whose term comes to an end today, took over as the Director on August 2, 2008. He held the position for a period of two years and four months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest