Apex court issues notice over Ketan Desai`s election
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice on a petition by an NGO challenging the election of Ketan Desai, a former president of the Medical Council of India (MCI), to the Gujarat University senate.
The petition was filed by People For Better Treatment (PBT) president Kunal Saha.
Desai was removed from the MCI last year over allegations of "professional misconduct" and corruption. His medical registration was also suspended by the MCI.
An apex court bench of Justice GS Singhvi and Justice AK Ganguly issued notice after it was told that Desai could not be elected to the university senate on a post reserved for a registered medical practitioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources