Apex court issues notice over Ketan Desai`s election
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice on a petition by an NGO challenging the election of Ketan Desai, a former president of the Medical Council of India (MCI), to the Gujarat University senate.
The petition was filed by People For Better Treatment (PBT) president Kunal Saha.
Desai was removed from the MCI last year over allegations of "professional misconduct" and corruption. His medical registration was also suspended by the MCI.
An apex court bench of Justice GS Singhvi and Justice AK Ganguly issued notice after it was told that Desai could not be elected to the university senate on a post reserved for a registered medical practitioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another