Apex court issues notice over Ketan Desai`s election
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice on a petition by an NGO challenging the election of Ketan Desai, a former president of the Medical Council of India (MCI), to the Gujarat University senate.
The petition was filed by People For Better Treatment (PBT) president Kunal Saha.
Desai was removed from the MCI last year over allegations of "professional misconduct" and corruption. His medical registration was also suspended by the MCI.
An apex court bench of Justice GS Singhvi and Justice AK Ganguly issued notice after it was told that Desai could not be elected to the university senate on a post reserved for a registered medical practitioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far
- West Bengal renamed as 'Bangla' in Bengali, 'Bengal' in English; state assembly passes resolution
- Massive reef ecosystem found hiding behind Great Barrier Reef