Apex court nod for common MBBS entrance test
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Monday paved the way for implementing the Medical Council of India (MCI) notification providing for common entrance test for undergraduate medical courses leading to the award of MBBS degrees.
An apex court bench of Justice RV Raveendran and Justice AK Patnaik, while giving the go ahead to the MCI, said that anyone aggrieved by the notification can challenge it in court.
On Oct 21, 2010, the MCI had issued a notification providing for common entrance test for undergraduate medical courses all over the country. However, this notification ws kept in abeyance in the face of stiff opposition by the Tamil Nadu government.
The state government subsequently obtained a stay against the notification from the Madras High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016