APJ Kalam suggests creation of Indian Intelligence Services
New Delhi: Former president APJ Abdul Kalam suggested the creation of Indian Intelligence Services to create a separate pool of intelligence officers while delivering the 7th RN Kao Memorial lecture at the RAW headquarters.
"Why not have a single Indian Intelligence Services? Also take people from special forces for the front line operations," Kalam suggested while delivering the lecture.
Speaking on the use of technology to improve intelligence-gathering, Kalam urged the intelligence community that "mindsets need to change. Terrorists might hold old ideologies but they have not been able to use modern the communication equipment. Here we need to be ahead of them," he said.
He said that ‘data digging’ has resulted in some success in hunting down terrorists in the past eleven years.
He pointed out the findings of his comparative study of three democratic nations — US, Israel and India — and their levels of threat. While 9/11 killed about 2,500 people. Road accidents brought additional 1000 casualties. India continues to regularly suffer continuous casualties due to terrorism.
"But Israel and US have made effective use of technology for countering terrorism and eliminating terrorists. They believe in ‘never forgive and never forget.’ And use technology based intelligence operations."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive