Apparent that Advani quit because of decision on Modi: Sripad Naik
Panaji: A day after celebrating Narendra Modi`s elevation as campaign committee chief at the party`s national executive here, BJP leaders in Goa on Monday said resignation of senior leader LK Advani had shocked them.
"He is a senior and veteran leader. We are shocked by his resignation from all the posts of the party," local BJP MP Sripad Naik said.
It was apparent that Advani resigned only because of yesterday`s decision to appoint Modi as head of the party`s campaign committee, Naik conceded.
"The party needs both Advani and Modi. The leaders will be successful in persuading Advani to withdraw his resignation," Naik said.
"Advani-ji should know that appointing Modi was the decision of the party workers and majority members," he added.
Goa BJP spokesperson Wilfred Mesquita said, "If Advani has resigned because of Modi`s appointment then the resignation is unwarranted. It was demand of the people to appoint Modi which party fulfilled."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali