Apparent that Advani quit because of decision on Modi: Sripad Naik
Panaji: A day after celebrating Narendra Modi`s elevation as campaign committee chief at the party`s national executive here, BJP leaders in Goa on Monday said resignation of senior leader LK Advani had shocked them.
"He is a senior and veteran leader. We are shocked by his resignation from all the posts of the party," local BJP MP Sripad Naik said.
It was apparent that Advani resigned only because of yesterday`s decision to appoint Modi as head of the party`s campaign committee, Naik conceded.
"The party needs both Advani and Modi. The leaders will be successful in persuading Advani to withdraw his resignation," Naik said.
"Advani-ji should know that appointing Modi was the decision of the party workers and majority members," he added.
Goa BJP spokesperson Wilfred Mesquita said, "If Advani has resigned because of Modi`s appointment then the resignation is unwarranted. It was demand of the people to appoint Modi which party fulfilled."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir