Apparent that Advani quit because of decision on Modi: Sripad Naik
Panaji: A day after celebrating Narendra Modi`s elevation as campaign committee chief at the party`s national executive here, BJP leaders in Goa on Monday said resignation of senior leader LK Advani had shocked them.
"He is a senior and veteran leader. We are shocked by his resignation from all the posts of the party," local BJP MP Sripad Naik said.
It was apparent that Advani resigned only because of yesterday`s decision to appoint Modi as head of the party`s campaign committee, Naik conceded.
"The party needs both Advani and Modi. The leaders will be successful in persuading Advani to withdraw his resignation," Naik said.
"Advani-ji should know that appointing Modi was the decision of the party workers and majority members," he added.
Goa BJP spokesperson Wilfred Mesquita said, "If Advani has resigned because of Modi`s appointment then the resignation is unwarranted. It was demand of the people to appoint Modi which party fulfilled."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list