Apparent that Advani quit because of decision on Modi: Sripad Naik
Panaji: A day after celebrating Narendra Modi`s elevation as campaign committee chief at the party`s national executive here, BJP leaders in Goa on Monday said resignation of senior leader LK Advani had shocked them.
"He is a senior and veteran leader. We are shocked by his resignation from all the posts of the party," local BJP MP Sripad Naik said.
It was apparent that Advani resigned only because of yesterday`s decision to appoint Modi as head of the party`s campaign committee, Naik conceded.
"The party needs both Advani and Modi. The leaders will be successful in persuading Advani to withdraw his resignation," Naik said.
"Advani-ji should know that appointing Modi was the decision of the party workers and majority members," he added.
Goa BJP spokesperson Wilfred Mesquita said, "If Advani has resigned because of Modi`s appointment then the resignation is unwarranted. It was demand of the people to appoint Modi which party fulfilled."
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today