Apparent that Advani quit because of decision on Modi: Sripad Naik
Panaji: A day after celebrating Narendra Modi`s elevation as campaign committee chief at the party`s national executive here, BJP leaders in Goa on Monday said resignation of senior leader LK Advani had shocked them.
"He is a senior and veteran leader. We are shocked by his resignation from all the posts of the party," local BJP MP Sripad Naik said.
It was apparent that Advani resigned only because of yesterday`s decision to appoint Modi as head of the party`s campaign committee, Naik conceded.
"The party needs both Advani and Modi. The leaders will be successful in persuading Advani to withdraw his resignation," Naik said.
"Advani-ji should know that appointing Modi was the decision of the party workers and majority members," he added.
Goa BJP spokesperson Wilfred Mesquita said, "If Advani has resigned because of Modi`s appointment then the resignation is unwarranted. It was demand of the people to appoint Modi which party fulfilled."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hair-raising video: Pitbull goes wild, attacks people on a busy Chinese street - Must watch
- Apple to open first Apple Store in Taiwan
- Star Trek Beyond movie review: Repackaged with technical finesse
- Delhi: Judge tries to commit suicide `due to molestation charges`
- Yuan posts biggest weekly gain since April ahead of G20 talks