Apparent that LK Advani is pacified: Chouhan
Guna (MP): Hinting that the crisis triggered after LK Advani`s resignation from key BJP posts has blown over after he withdrew it, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said it was apparent that the veteran leader stands pacified.
"There is no need to pacify Advani as he has already withdrawn his resignation," Chouhan told reporters here Wednesday evening.
When asked whether he would meet Advani, Chouhan evaded direct reply saying he usually meets his seniors from time to time "to seek their guidance and blessings".
Days before Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s elevation as chief of BJP election campaign committee, Advani had praised Chouhan for lifting the state out of poverty.
The praise was viewed as Advani`s gambit to pit the Madhya Pradesh chief minister against his once protege Modi, apparently to scuttle the latter`s elevation.
After Modi`s anointment, Advani resigned from key BJP posts only to withdraw it following RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat`s intervention.
Meanwhile, responding to a query, the chief minister ruled out the possibility of his son Kartikeya joining politics anytime soon.
"I do not see any possibility of my son joining politics soon," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?