`Appoint Priyanka Gandhi as head of panel to review poll defeat`
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader and hockey Olympian, Aslam Sher Khan, on Monday said that Priyanka Gandhi should be appointed as the head of the committee set up by the party to review its debacle in the Lok Sabha elections.
"Priyanka Gandhi had looked after the elections campaign in the Rae Bareli and Amethi Lok Sabha constituencies and ensured that her mother Sonia Gandhi and brother Rahul Gandhi emerge victorious," Khan told a news agency here today.
There is "no need" to give any post to Priyanka in the party, though more responsibility should be entrusted on her, he said.
The committee is presently headed by former Defence Minister AK Antony.
"I feel that the panel under the chairmanship of Antony cannot do much, as he (Antony) himself was part of the system which led to the party`s worst-ever performance," he said.
"In my view, Congress leaders and workers are more likely to openly talk to Priyanka rather than Antony about what went wrong in the Lok Sabha polls," Khan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic