`Appoint Priyanka Gandhi as head of panel to review poll defeat`
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader and hockey Olympian, Aslam Sher Khan, on Monday said that Priyanka Gandhi should be appointed as the head of the committee set up by the party to review its debacle in the Lok Sabha elections.
"Priyanka Gandhi had looked after the elections campaign in the Rae Bareli and Amethi Lok Sabha constituencies and ensured that her mother Sonia Gandhi and brother Rahul Gandhi emerge victorious," Khan told a news agency here today.
There is "no need" to give any post to Priyanka in the party, though more responsibility should be entrusted on her, he said.
The committee is presently headed by former Defence Minister AK Antony.
"I feel that the panel under the chairmanship of Antony cannot do much, as he (Antony) himself was part of the system which led to the party`s worst-ever performance," he said.
"In my view, Congress leaders and workers are more likely to openly talk to Priyanka rather than Antony about what went wrong in the Lok Sabha polls," Khan added.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today