Appointing Mishra against spirit of BJP`s parliamentary mandate: Congress
New Delhi: Congress Spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi on Saturday said the appointment of Nripendra Mishra as the Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s principal secretary is against the spirit of their parliamentary mandate.
"This decision of the government is person specific. This is against the spirit of their parliamentary mandate. When we went for the change of personnel in government offices through constitutional ways, they made a hue and cry over it," said Singhvi.
The Congress has questioned the appointment of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s Principal Secretary Nripendra Misra.
Yesterday, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley slammed the opposition parties for their remarks over the appointment of Mishra saying Modi has the right to choose his staff.
The BJP government after assuming office had zeroed in on Mishra appointing him as Modi`s Principal Secretary after President Pranab Mukherjee signed an ordinance that amended Section 5 (8) of the TRAI Act of 1997 that barred any member of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from holding a subsequent government position.
Mishra, a 1967 batch Indian Administrative Service officer from Uttar Pradesh cadre, has served in many departments, including TRAI as its Chairman in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp