Aptitude test to replace prelims in UPSC
New Delhi: In a significant move, Government has agreed to a proposal to introduce Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) in place of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination.
"The government has approved the proposal for introduction of Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) in place of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination," minister of state for personnel, public grievances and pensions Prithviraj Chavan informed the Rajya Sabha.
In CSAT, one of optional subjects which a candidate could have chosen out of 23 optional has been replaced with common paper on aptitude test, he said, adding the syllabus of CSAT is being worked out.
The government will shortly notify the new scheme of examination giving details of the syllabus, he said in a written reply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'