Area under drip irrigation increase to 5.59 LH
New Delhi: The area under drip irrigation has increased to 5.59 lakh hectares since the launch of the Micro Irrigation project by the Centre in January 2006.
Following the success, the scheme is being continued in
the Eleventh Plan (2007-2012), Minister of State for
Agriculture, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution K
V Thomas said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
Under the plan, 50 per cent of the installation cost,
which is split in the ratio of 40:10 between the Centre and
the state, is provided to the farmers.
For demonstration of the system, however, the assistance
is increased to 75 per cent, the minister said.
In 2006-07, the country had 3.46 lakh hectares under drip
irrigation while in 2007-08 it increased to 4.32 lakh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY