Argumentative decision prevailing in noisy democracy: Moily
Shillong: Union Power Minister Veerappa Moily on Monday termed Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s deadline to the UPA government as an `argumentative decision prevailing in noisy democracy`.
"One thing we should not forget, the argumentative India we all live in ... A noisy democracy, but ultimately we (UPA) survive out of everything," Moily told reporters here.
He said, "However noisy our democracy is, it does not mean that we have a noisy administration that affects governance."
Asked if the Congress would succumb to the West Bengal Chief Minister`s tactics, Moily replied, "It is not a question of succumbing to this and that, but we are living with our democracy."
Stating that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and AICC president Sonia Gandhi were for giving development to the people, he said, "No one can stop us from achieving development in the 11th plan and nobody can stop us now. UPA II is a well tested government."
Defending the government`s decision on FDI in multi-brand retail, Moily said, "It is a strong decision that we have taken and this is going to transform the entire economic scenario in India."
He said consumers should get competitive rates and farmers should also get a matching price for their produce.
"We will be second by 2013 ... And this cannot be achieved by only raising interest by the RBI. It has to be done by announcing multi-brand retail and other strong decisions that we (UPA) have taken," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH