Argumentative decision prevailing in noisy democracy: Moily
Shillong: Union Power Minister Veerappa Moily on Monday termed Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s deadline to the UPA government as an `argumentative decision prevailing in noisy democracy`.
"One thing we should not forget, the argumentative India we all live in ... A noisy democracy, but ultimately we (UPA) survive out of everything," Moily told reporters here.
He said, "However noisy our democracy is, it does not mean that we have a noisy administration that affects governance."
Asked if the Congress would succumb to the West Bengal Chief Minister`s tactics, Moily replied, "It is not a question of succumbing to this and that, but we are living with our democracy."
Stating that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and AICC president Sonia Gandhi were for giving development to the people, he said, "No one can stop us from achieving development in the 11th plan and nobody can stop us now. UPA II is a well tested government."
Defending the government`s decision on FDI in multi-brand retail, Moily said, "It is a strong decision that we have taken and this is going to transform the entire economic scenario in India."
He said consumers should get competitive rates and farmers should also get a matching price for their produce.
"We will be second by 2013 ... And this cannot be achieved by only raising interest by the RBI. It has to be done by announcing multi-brand retail and other strong decisions that we (UPA) have taken," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read