Arif Khan`s mortal remains laid to rest
New Delhi: Mortal remains of Arif Mohd Khan,
India`s Ambassador to Italy who died three days back, were
laid to rest here on Friday.
Vice President Hamid Ansari was among those who attended
the last rites performed at a cemetery at Lodhi Road.
Ansari, a former diplomat, participated in the `namaz-e-
janaza` (last prayers) and joined scores of IFS officers at
the funeral of the former colleague.
Khan passed away in Rome on Tuesday at the age of 58.
The 1974-batch IFS officer was suffering from cancer for
Prior to his posting in Italy in February 2008, the
Secretary-rank officer had served in various key positions,
including as the first head of Public Diplomacy Division of
MEA that was created four years back to explain diplomatic
activities to the domestic audience.
He had also served as spokesperson of Ministry of External
Affairs in the post of Joint Secretary (External Publicity)
besides his postings in the Indian Missions in Paris and New
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video