Arjun Tank inducted into 75 armoured regiment
Jaisalmer: The indigenous Arjun tank was on Saturday formally inducted into the 75 Armoured Regiment at a
ceremony here, over 37 years after the project was
commissioned by the government.
"Lieutenant General A K Singh, General Officer
Commanding in Chief (GOC-in-C) of the Southern Command,
inducted the tank. The ceremony also marked the passage of T
55 tanks from the inventory after forty years of reliable
service," a defence spokesperson said.
He said that 45 Arjun tanks were inducted.
The event also marked the 39th Raising day of the
regiment, in which over 1000 retired officers and jawans took
75 Armoured Regiment is the only Indian armoured
regiment to be raised on foreign soil during the 1971
Indo-Pak war at Gadra Road (now in Pakistan)on 12 March 1972,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack