Arjun Tank inducted into 75 armoured regiment
Jaisalmer: The indigenous Arjun tank was on Saturday formally inducted into the 75 Armoured Regiment at a
ceremony here, over 37 years after the project was
commissioned by the government.
"Lieutenant General A K Singh, General Officer
Commanding in Chief (GOC-in-C) of the Southern Command,
inducted the tank. The ceremony also marked the passage of T
55 tanks from the inventory after forty years of reliable
service," a defence spokesperson said.
He said that 45 Arjun tanks were inducted.
The event also marked the 39th Raising day of the
regiment, in which over 1000 retired officers and jawans took
75 Armoured Regiment is the only Indian armoured
regiment to be raised on foreign soil during the 1971
Indo-Pak war at Gadra Road (now in Pakistan)on 12 March 1972,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India