Arjun Tank inducted into 75 armoured regiment
Jaisalmer: The indigenous Arjun tank was on Saturday formally inducted into the 75 Armoured Regiment at a
ceremony here, over 37 years after the project was
commissioned by the government.
"Lieutenant General A K Singh, General Officer
Commanding in Chief (GOC-in-C) of the Southern Command,
inducted the tank. The ceremony also marked the passage of T
55 tanks from the inventory after forty years of reliable
service," a defence spokesperson said.
He said that 45 Arjun tanks were inducted.
The event also marked the 39th Raising day of the
regiment, in which over 1000 retired officers and jawans took
75 Armoured Regiment is the only Indian armoured
regiment to be raised on foreign soil during the 1971
Indo-Pak war at Gadra Road (now in Pakistan)on 12 March 1972,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zimbabwe vs New Zealand: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Pune under-construction building collapse: 9 killed, rescue operation underway
- G2A Direct gaming platform launched in India
- Sanjay Dutt to star in Mahesh Manjrekar's next
- Leave PoK to Pakistan and J&K to India: Husain Haqqani on how to ensure peace