Armed forces capable of safeguarding security of country: Army Chief
Gaya: Indian armed forces are capable of safeguarding the territorial sovereignty of the country, Army Chief Bikram Singh on Saturday said.
"Indian Army is capable of safeguarding territorial sovereignty of the country," the Army Chief said in his address after taking the salute at a passing out parade of young officers here.
Singh asked the officers to give top priority to protecting the respect and interest of the nation.
"Country`s respect and interest should be the top most priority after which comes personal comfort and rest," he said.
A total of 37 officers were inducted into the army in the rank of junior commissioned officer here at the Officers Training Academy grounds.
He also gave a send off to 91 young officers of different engineering colleges for B.Tech course after completing a year of Army training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet