Armed forces capable of safeguarding security of country: Army Chief
Gaya: Indian armed forces are capable of safeguarding the territorial sovereignty of the country, Army Chief Bikram Singh on Saturday said.
"Indian Army is capable of safeguarding territorial sovereignty of the country," the Army Chief said in his address after taking the salute at a passing out parade of young officers here.
Singh asked the officers to give top priority to protecting the respect and interest of the nation.
"Country`s respect and interest should be the top most priority after which comes personal comfort and rest," he said.
A total of 37 officers were inducted into the army in the rank of junior commissioned officer here at the Officers Training Academy grounds.
He also gave a send off to 91 young officers of different engineering colleges for B.Tech course after completing a year of Army training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees