Armed forces capable of safeguarding security of country: Army Chief
Gaya: Indian armed forces are capable of safeguarding the territorial sovereignty of the country, Army Chief Bikram Singh on Saturday said.
"Indian Army is capable of safeguarding territorial sovereignty of the country," the Army Chief said in his address after taking the salute at a passing out parade of young officers here.
Singh asked the officers to give top priority to protecting the respect and interest of the nation.
"Country`s respect and interest should be the top most priority after which comes personal comfort and rest," he said.
A total of 37 officers were inducted into the army in the rank of junior commissioned officer here at the Officers Training Academy grounds.
He also gave a send off to 91 young officers of different engineering colleges for B.Tech course after completing a year of Army training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations