Armed forces capable of safeguarding security of country: Army Chief
Gaya: Indian armed forces are capable of safeguarding the territorial sovereignty of the country, Army Chief Bikram Singh on Saturday said.
"Indian Army is capable of safeguarding territorial sovereignty of the country," the Army Chief said in his address after taking the salute at a passing out parade of young officers here.
Singh asked the officers to give top priority to protecting the respect and interest of the nation.
"Country`s respect and interest should be the top most priority after which comes personal comfort and rest," he said.
A total of 37 officers were inducted into the army in the rank of junior commissioned officer here at the Officers Training Academy grounds.
He also gave a send off to 91 young officers of different engineering colleges for B.Tech course after completing a year of Army training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter