Armed forces capable of safeguarding security of country: Army Chief
Gaya: Indian armed forces are capable of safeguarding the territorial sovereignty of the country, Army Chief Bikram Singh on Saturday said.
"Indian Army is capable of safeguarding territorial sovereignty of the country," the Army Chief said in his address after taking the salute at a passing out parade of young officers here.
Singh asked the officers to give top priority to protecting the respect and interest of the nation.
"Country`s respect and interest should be the top most priority after which comes personal comfort and rest," he said.
A total of 37 officers were inducted into the army in the rank of junior commissioned officer here at the Officers Training Academy grounds.
He also gave a send off to 91 young officers of different engineering colleges for B.Tech course after completing a year of Army training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued