Armed women cadre among Maoists who attacked train
Patna/Jamui: Over a dozen armed women cadre were among the over 150 Maoists who carried out a daring attack on a Patna-bound train that left three persons dead in Jamui district of Bihar.
"There were some women cadre also in the Maoist contingent that attacked the train yesterday," Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Law and Order SK Bhardwaj told a news agency.
Chief Public Relation Officer (CPRO) of East Central Railway Amitabh Prabhakar said as per information provided by the police, women Maoists were part of the attackers.
Jamui police said that a group of women, comprising around 15-20 cadre, were part of the attackers on Dhanbad-Patna Inter-City Express that was raided by the Maoists between Jamui and Bhalui station.
Meanwhile, a report from Lakhisarai district said that that five injured admitted to sadar hospital were out of danger.
Prabhakar said that train services were normal in the section that falls under Danapur Division of the ECR.
Police said that extra security arrangements have been made in the area.
Combing operation has been going on against Maoists in the nearby forest by a joint team of CRPF, Bihar Police and Government Rail Police (GRP).
Recalling the nightmare, some of the passengers said they hid under the berth to escape being hit by the firing by Maoists. Many of them took shelter in the toilet.
They said the Maoists raided some bogies and looted belongings of the passengers before walking away to the nearby forest.
Around 150 Maoists forcibly stopped the train near Kunder Halt between Jamui and Mananpur railway stations, about 170 km from Patna, at 1320 hours and fired indiscriminately for about half-an-hour on the train and its passengers.
The Maoists also looted weapons from two RPF personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state