Armies of India, US to hold war games in Sept-Oct
New Delhi: Armies of India and the US will hold war games on both sea and land during an amphibious exercise in Belgaum and Trivandrum in September-October.
The war games codenamed Shatrujeet are expected begin in mid-September and continue till October in Belgaum in Karnataka and Trivandrum in Kerala where the two sides will practice amphibious manoeuvres, Army officials said here.
The American side would be represented by the Third Marine Corps Expeditionary Unit and its warship USS Harper Ferry.
USS Harper Ferry is a landing platform deck of the US Navy and has the capability to deploy tanks and armoured personnel carriers along with troops from sea to the shores.
India would also deploy its amphibious warfare assets including BMPs in the war games.
The Indian Army has turned one of its divisions in the southern part of the country capable of fighting in amphibious conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?