Armies of India, US to hold war games in Sept-Oct
New Delhi: Armies of India and the US will hold war games on both sea and land during an amphibious exercise in Belgaum and Trivandrum in September-October.
The war games codenamed Shatrujeet are expected begin in mid-September and continue till October in Belgaum in Karnataka and Trivandrum in Kerala where the two sides will practice amphibious manoeuvres, Army officials said here.
The American side would be represented by the Third Marine Corps Expeditionary Unit and its warship USS Harper Ferry.
USS Harper Ferry is a landing platform deck of the US Navy and has the capability to deploy tanks and armoured personnel carriers along with troops from sea to the shores.
India would also deploy its amphibious warfare assets including BMPs in the war games.
The Indian Army has turned one of its divisions in the southern part of the country capable of fighting in amphibious conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender