Armies of India, US to hold war games in Sept-Oct
New Delhi: Armies of India and the US will hold war games on both sea and land during an amphibious exercise in Belgaum and Trivandrum in September-October.
The war games codenamed Shatrujeet are expected begin in mid-September and continue till October in Belgaum in Karnataka and Trivandrum in Kerala where the two sides will practice amphibious manoeuvres, Army officials said here.
The American side would be represented by the Third Marine Corps Expeditionary Unit and its warship USS Harper Ferry.
USS Harper Ferry is a landing platform deck of the US Navy and has the capability to deploy tanks and armoured personnel carriers along with troops from sea to the shores.
India would also deploy its amphibious warfare assets including BMPs in the war games.
The Indian Army has turned one of its divisions in the southern part of the country capable of fighting in amphibious conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report