Armies of India, US to hold war games in Sept-Oct
New Delhi: Armies of India and the US will hold war games on both sea and land during an amphibious exercise in Belgaum and Trivandrum in September-October.
The war games codenamed Shatrujeet are expected begin in mid-September and continue till October in Belgaum in Karnataka and Trivandrum in Kerala where the two sides will practice amphibious manoeuvres, Army officials said here.
The American side would be represented by the Third Marine Corps Expeditionary Unit and its warship USS Harper Ferry.
USS Harper Ferry is a landing platform deck of the US Navy and has the capability to deploy tanks and armoured personnel carriers along with troops from sea to the shores.
India would also deploy its amphibious warfare assets including BMPs in the war games.
The Indian Army has turned one of its divisions in the southern part of the country capable of fighting in amphibious conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony