Arms case: CBI dispatches LRs to Home Ministry
New Delhi: The CBI on Monday sent to the Home Ministry the judicial requests to the United States and Switzerland seeking records related to financial transactions of alleged front company Ganton of arms dealer Abhishek Verma and a Swiss defence firm Rheinmetall Air Defence AG.
Through the Letters Rogatory, CBI wants to get authenticated details of financial transactions between Ganton USA, Ganton India, RAD and Verma that could stand legal scrutiny during trial.
Following the LRs, a team of CBI officials might go to USA to get the statement of estranged business associate of Verma, US based attorney C Edmond Allen who allegedly heads Ganton, a purported front of Verma, agency sources said.
The case relates to USD 530,000 that Verma allegedly took from RAD on the promise that he would use his influence to stall blacklist proceedings initiated by the government against it after the Ordnance Factory Board scam had surfaced
US-based attorney Allen, who has majority stake in Ganton USA and Ganton India companies alleged to be front of Verma, had approached the CBI Director and other top officials claiming Verma received funds from RAD for bailing it out, they said.
The CBI which is planning to complete the probe and file a charge sheet by next month has booked Verma and his Romanian wife Ancia Neascu. Both are in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon