Army action is strongly needed to wipe out naxalites: Bitta
Raipur: All India Anti-Terrorist Front (AIATF) President MS Bitta on Wednesday made a pitch for army deployment in Bastar to wipe out rebels from the Naxal-hit region, in wake of the deadly Maoist attack which left 27 people dead.
"If the Army can be moved to Golden temple (Amritsar), a place of worship, to finish terrorists then why it can`t be deployed in Bastar. Army action is strongly needed to wipe out Naxalites, who are killing innocent people," Bitta told reporters here after visiting the family of slain Congress leader Yogendra Sharma, who was killed in the May 25 attack.
The former youth Congress chief slammed the government both at the Centre and Chhattisgarh, for not taking stringent steps to tackle Naxalism and held the Intelligence responsible for the attack.
"Security lapses on the part of state government and intelligence failure is largely responsible for this attack. It is responsible for several terrorist attacks also in the country including assassination of former Prime Minister Rajeev Gandhi," he alleged.
Bitta said somebody has to take responsibility of the attack and sought dismissal of guilty officials.
"The question is who has committed the mistake.. Somebody has to take responsibility. Those officials who are responsible for it should be dismissed and murder case should be registered against them," he demanded.
He also suggested setting up of anti-terrorist military court for early disposal of cases related to terrorist activities.
Earlier, after visiting Sharma`s family here, an emotional Bitta said, "I went to the house of Yogendra Sharma to meet his family members.
I could not hold back my tears when his daughter told me that had her father been provided the same kind of security I (Bitta) have, he would have been alive today."
Heavily armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people including Nandkumar Patel, Mahendra Karma and ex-MLA Uday Mudliyar besides leaving 36 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India