Army agrees to domiagrees to domicile certificates
Itanagar: The Army has agreed in principle to accept domicile certificates as valid proof of residence for recruitment rallies to be held in Arunachal Pradesh in future.
This consideration is only for the non-Arunachal Pradesh scheduled tribes residents settled in the state for long periods and will not affect the reservation quota for the scheduled tribes of the state, a Raj Bhawan communiqu said here today.
Arunachal Pradesh governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh had taken up the matter with Army Chief General Bikram Singh recently.
In his letter, the Governor had said as per the state government`s policy no permanent resident certificate is issued to non-Arunachalee residents. As a result they are not accepted by the army and vacancies under general quota are not availed of by the people of the state and are diverted to other states of the country.
The next recruitment rally of the army will be held between December 3 to December 5 at Tezu in Lohit district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj