Army agrees to domiagrees to domicile certificates
Itanagar: The Army has agreed in principle to accept domicile certificates as valid proof of residence for recruitment rallies to be held in Arunachal Pradesh in future.
This consideration is only for the non-Arunachal Pradesh scheduled tribes residents settled in the state for long periods and will not affect the reservation quota for the scheduled tribes of the state, a Raj Bhawan communiqu said here today.
Arunachal Pradesh governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh had taken up the matter with Army Chief General Bikram Singh recently.
In his letter, the Governor had said as per the state government`s policy no permanent resident certificate is issued to non-Arunachalee residents. As a result they are not accepted by the army and vacancies under general quota are not availed of by the people of the state and are diverted to other states of the country.
The next recruitment rally of the army will be held between December 3 to December 5 at Tezu in Lohit district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender