Army Captain held for sexual misbehaviour with woman passenger
Sasaram (Bihar): A woman has charged an army officer with sexual misbehaviour with her in a train, after which the officer was arrested, Government Railway Police (GRP) sources said today.
The woman lodged a complaint against Captain Basant Chaudhary of Rajputana Rifles travelling in AC I coach of Ganga-Satluj Express train accusing him of sexually harassing her between Mughalsarai and Durgawati station last night, GRP Inspector B K Singh said.
The complainant had boarded the train at Lucknow, he said.
On the complaint of the woman, the GRP personnel took Chaudhary in remand and handed him to GRP police station at Bhabhua Road railway station, he said.
The 13300 DN Ganga-Satluz Express was on way to Dhanbad from Ferozpur in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened