Army Chief Bikram Singh on visit to South Western Command headquarters
Jaipur: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Saturday arrived on a two day visit to the South Western command Headquarters here.
His special aircraft landed at Sanganer airport from where he headed to the Jaipur military station in a helicopter.
The South Western Army Commander Lt Gen Arun Kumar Sahni briefed General Singh about the operational readiness of the Command and discussed various other important issues pertaining to the Jaipur Military Station and the Command, according to defence spokesperson S D Goswami.
Gen Singh expressed his satisfaction at the operational preparedness of the?South Western Command and conveyed his appreciation for the efforts put in by all ranks for this purpose, he added.
Earlier, Singh was scheduled to address an ex-servicemen rally at Nagaur on March 8, but it was postponed "due to certain unforeseen commitments," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam