Army Chief Bikram Singh on visit to South Western Command headquarters
Jaipur: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Saturday arrived on a two day visit to the South Western command Headquarters here.
His special aircraft landed at Sanganer airport from where he headed to the Jaipur military station in a helicopter.
The South Western Army Commander Lt Gen Arun Kumar Sahni briefed General Singh about the operational readiness of the Command and discussed various other important issues pertaining to the Jaipur Military Station and the Command, according to defence spokesperson S D Goswami.
Gen Singh expressed his satisfaction at the operational preparedness of the?South Western Command and conveyed his appreciation for the efforts put in by all ranks for this purpose, he added.
Earlier, Singh was scheduled to address an ex-servicemen rally at Nagaur on March 8, but it was postponed "due to certain unforeseen commitments," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’