Army Chief Bikram Singh on visit to South Western Command headquarters
Jaipur: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Saturday arrived on a two day visit to the South Western command Headquarters here.
His special aircraft landed at Sanganer airport from where he headed to the Jaipur military station in a helicopter.
The South Western Army Commander Lt Gen Arun Kumar Sahni briefed General Singh about the operational readiness of the Command and discussed various other important issues pertaining to the Jaipur Military Station and the Command, according to defence spokesperson S D Goswami.
Gen Singh expressed his satisfaction at the operational preparedness of the?South Western Command and conveyed his appreciation for the efforts put in by all ranks for this purpose, he added.
Earlier, Singh was scheduled to address an ex-servicemen rally at Nagaur on March 8, but it was postponed "due to certain unforeseen commitments," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts