Army Chief Bikram Singh on visit to South Western Command headquarters
Jaipur: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Saturday arrived on a two day visit to the South Western command Headquarters here.
His special aircraft landed at Sanganer airport from where he headed to the Jaipur military station in a helicopter.
The South Western Army Commander Lt Gen Arun Kumar Sahni briefed General Singh about the operational readiness of the Command and discussed various other important issues pertaining to the Jaipur Military Station and the Command, according to defence spokesperson S D Goswami.
Gen Singh expressed his satisfaction at the operational preparedness of the?South Western Command and conveyed his appreciation for the efforts put in by all ranks for this purpose, he added.
Earlier, Singh was scheduled to address an ex-servicemen rally at Nagaur on March 8, but it was postponed "due to certain unforeseen commitments," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday