Army chief briefs J&K Guv, CM on Chinese incursion
Jammu: Army chief General Bikram Singh Tuesday met Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra today and briefed him on the Chinese incursion in Daulat Beg Oldi (DBO) sector in Ladakh eight days ago.
General Singh met Governor at the Raj Bhavan here late this evening and briefed him about the incursion incident.
During their hour-long meeting, they discussed various matters relating to internal and external security management.
The Army chief also called on Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here in the evening and discussed various matters related to the prevailing security situation in Jammu and Kashmir, including the situation in Leh.
GOC-in-C Northern Command Lt Gen K T Parnaik and GoC 16 Corps Lt Gen D S Hooda were also present in the meeting.
A platoon-strength contingent of China`s People`s Liberation Army (PLA) had come 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in DBO sector, located at an altitude of about 17,000 feet, on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there.
A Chinese Army Platoon usually consists of around 50 troops.
Meanwhile, India and China today conducted second round of flag-meeting in the Ladakh since the incursion was reported and asked the Chinese side to revert to the status quo position. The first meeting was held on April 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!