Army chief dares Tejinder to come up with evidence on tapping
New Delhi: Army Chief Gen VK Singh on Friday dared retired Lt Gen Tejinder Singh to produce evidence to corroborate his allegations that he had tapped phones of top government functionaries, saying he should "not just spread lies" about it.
"Ask him to produce those things and not just spread lies," he told reporters here.
The Army Chief was asked about Lt Gen Tejinder Singh`s reported claims that he had evidence to prove that the Army Chief had got the conversations of several senior government functionaries, including the Prime Minister, recorded illegally.
Reports quoting Lt Gen Tejinder suggested that he was planning to file a case in the Delhi High Court claiming to be in possession of a sting CD which will prove his allegations that off air interceptors were imported by the Military Intelligence to record conversations of the government.
Gen VK Singh and Lt Gen Tejinder Singh have been involved in a legal tussle after the Army chief accused the latter of offering a bribe of Rs 14 crore to him for clearing the procurement of Tatra trucks.
The Army had also blamed Lt Gen Tejinder Singh in a press release for offering the bribe and accused him of spreading reports about tapping of phone conversations by the Army Headquarters during the age row involving Gen Singh.
After this, Lt Gen Tejinder Singh filed a defamation case in the Patiala House courts against five Army officers including the Army Chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena maintains grip on Mumbai, BJP dominates other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway