Army chief dares Tejinder to come up with evidence on tapping
New Delhi: Army Chief Gen VK Singh on Friday dared retired Lt Gen Tejinder Singh to produce evidence to corroborate his allegations that he had tapped phones of top government functionaries, saying he should "not just spread lies" about it.
"Ask him to produce those things and not just spread lies," he told reporters here.
The Army Chief was asked about Lt Gen Tejinder Singh`s reported claims that he had evidence to prove that the Army Chief had got the conversations of several senior government functionaries, including the Prime Minister, recorded illegally.
Reports quoting Lt Gen Tejinder suggested that he was planning to file a case in the Delhi High Court claiming to be in possession of a sting CD which will prove his allegations that off air interceptors were imported by the Military Intelligence to record conversations of the government.
Gen VK Singh and Lt Gen Tejinder Singh have been involved in a legal tussle after the Army chief accused the latter of offering a bribe of Rs 14 crore to him for clearing the procurement of Tatra trucks.
The Army had also blamed Lt Gen Tejinder Singh in a press release for offering the bribe and accused him of spreading reports about tapping of phone conversations by the Army Headquarters during the age row involving Gen Singh.
After this, Lt Gen Tejinder Singh filed a defamation case in the Patiala House courts against five Army officers including the Army Chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth