Army Chief-designate meets Gen V K Singh
New Delhi: Army Chief-designate Lt Gen Bikram
Singh on Wednesday met incumbent Gen V K Singh at his South Block
office here, the first time after he was chosen to lead the
1.3 million strong force.
The two top officers discussed the matters concerning the
force, army officials said here.
Yesterday, Lt Gen Bikram Singh had called on Defence
Minister A K Antony, Minister of State for Defence M M Pallam
Raju and Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma in South Block.
Lt Gen Singh, who is heading the Kolkata-based Eastern
Command, will now be visiting the capital on a frequent basis
as he will also be consulted before taking any decision
related to the Army.
The government had announced the appointment of Lt Gen
Singh as the next Army Chief from May 31.
The meeting between Gen V K Singh and Lt Gen Bikram
Singh comes at a time when the army is witnessing an intense
infighting in the wake of the controversy surrounding the
clandestine tapping of some sensitive phones in the capital.
Defence Minister A K Antony is said to be upset over the
ongoing controversy as the Army Headquarters has come out in
open to blame a retired Lt Gen along with serving Military
Intelligence officers for leaking stories to the media in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani teamed up for 'Befikra' because of THIS actor?
- Kejriwal's Gujarat visit cancelled, triggers blame game between AAP, BJP
- Uproar in J&K Assembly over beef ban bill; Engineer Rashid, Congress MLAs stage walk-out
- Sushant Singh Rajput all set to travel to moon! - Here's how
- Istanbul terror attacks: Celebrities condemn brutal act