Army Chief Gen DS Suhag denies incursion by Chinese troops
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag on Tuesday dismissed the reports of Chinese troops entering 25 to 30 km deep into Indian territory in Burtse area in Ladakh.
"There is nothing like that," he said in reply to a question.
The Army Chief`s reaction come amidst reports a patrol of Indian troops noticed the People`s Liberation Army (PLA) personnel on Sunday while moving from their base towards the higher `New Patrol base` post in Burtse area of North Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir. The area is at an altitude of 17,000 feet.
The sources said the troops after walking barely 1.5 km from their base spotted the Chinese personnel in Indian territory 25 to 30 km from the perceived Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Adhering to newly drafted Standard Operating Procedures, the Indian troops returned back to their base.
The troops went on a patrol again to the `New Patrol base` post in the wee hours of Monday.
However, the team found no change in the situation as it noticed the PLA personnel still sitting on the ground with flags reading "this is Chinese territory, go back" in their hands.
A Quick Reaction Team had also accompanied the Indian patrol but nothing could be achieved as Chinese refused to budge from their position, the sources said, adding finally Indian troops returned to their base and informed their higher ups.
Udhampur-based Army Spokesperson Col SD Goswami denied that any such incident had taken place but said there was no commonly delineated LAC between India and China which led to transgressions.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical