Army Chief Gen DS Suhag denies incursion by Chinese troops
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag on Tuesday dismissed the reports of Chinese troops entering 25 to 30 km deep into Indian territory in Burtse area in Ladakh.
"There is nothing like that," he said in reply to a question.
The Army Chief`s reaction come amidst reports a patrol of Indian troops noticed the People`s Liberation Army (PLA) personnel on Sunday while moving from their base towards the higher `New Patrol base` post in Burtse area of North Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir. The area is at an altitude of 17,000 feet.
The sources said the troops after walking barely 1.5 km from their base spotted the Chinese personnel in Indian territory 25 to 30 km from the perceived Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Adhering to newly drafted Standard Operating Procedures, the Indian troops returned back to their base.
The troops went on a patrol again to the `New Patrol base` post in the wee hours of Monday.
However, the team found no change in the situation as it noticed the PLA personnel still sitting on the ground with flags reading "this is Chinese territory, go back" in their hands.
A Quick Reaction Team had also accompanied the Indian patrol but nothing could be achieved as Chinese refused to budge from their position, the sources said, adding finally Indian troops returned to their base and informed their higher ups.
Udhampur-based Army Spokesperson Col SD Goswami denied that any such incident had taken place but said there was no commonly delineated LAC between India and China which led to transgressions.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown