Army chief gives 10 more days to Lt Gen Suhag to response
New Delhi: Army Chief Gen V K Singh on Tuesday gave ten more days to 3 Corps Commander Lt Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag, who could head the force in two years, for replying to a show cause notice, days after the Defence Ministry sought a detailed report on this issue.
The officer was issued the show cause notice on May 19 for censure on account of lapses in handling a failed intelligence operation in Assam last year and was given seven days` time to reply.
A communication was received from the Army Headquarters saying that Lt Gen Suhag can take ten more days to reply to the show cause notice issued by the Army Chief, sources close to Lt Gen Suhag said here today.
As per the new directions, Lt Gen Suhag will now have to reply to the notice by June 10.
Meanwhile, Gen V K Singh had put Lt Gen Suhag under discipline and vigilance ban meaning that he could not be promoted.
The notice charged Lt Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag, who is in the line of succession after Army Chief-designate Lt Gen Bikram Singh, with "abdicating responsibility" in handling an intelligence and surveillance unit in a "most unprofessional and lackadaisical manner".
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?
- Forest fires rage in Uttarakhand; three NDRF teams deployed
- Raids at Andhra Pradesh transport official's premises reveal assets worth Rs 800 crores
- VIDEO: Have you ever seen this side of Rohit Sharma's personality? We bet not!
- Unbelievable offer! Samsung selling smartphones for Rs 1