Army Chief meets Nepal President
Kathmandu: Army Chief Gen VK Singh on Thursday met
Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav and wished peace and
prosperity for his country.
Singh, who is in Nepal to attend the three-day Regional
Seminar on Natural Disaster Management and Humanitarian
Assistance, called on President Yadav at the Rastrapati Bhawan
in the capital.
Indian Ambassador to Nepal Jayant Prasad was also present
at the meeting.
Singh during the brief meeting wished "for peace and
prosperity of Nepal."
On the occasion, President Yadav shed light on the
age-old friendly ties between Nepal and India.
Singh is also scheduled to meet Prime Minister Baburam
Bhattarai and Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister
BIjaya Kumar Gachhadar.
Yesterday, the Indian Army Chief held bilateral talks
with his Nepalese counterpart Gen Chatraman Singh Gurung at
He is scheduled to return to Delhi on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube