Army chief on official visit to France
New Delhi: Army chief General Bikram Singh on Sunday proceeded to France on a four-day visit there to strengthen the defence ties between the two countries.
The visit by Gen Singh will add the necessary impetus to the existing defence relationship and broad-base it into a mutually beneficial partnership, an Army press release said here.
India shares good bilateral and strategic relations with France that are multifaceted and have been strengthened over the years with regular exchange of visits at political, diplomatic and military levels, it said.
During the period, Gen Singh will hold discussions with French Defence Minister Jean Yves Le Drian, Chief of General Staff Admiral Edouard Guillaud and his French counterpart Gen Bertrand Ract-Madoux on various defence-related issues.
The Indian Army chief will visit the Land Forces Command in Lille and the Military School at Draguignan also.
He will also lay wreath at Neuve Chapelle Memorial, dedicated to the Indian soldiers who laid down their lives in France and Belgium from 1914?1918 in the First World War.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you