Army Chief praises Narendra Modi Government`s decisivenes
New Delhi: Few days before retirement, Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh praised the "decisiveness" of the NDA government at a tea party held for him by Defence Minister Arun Jaitley.
Gen Singh praised the decisiveness of the NDA government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the function attended by top officials of the Ministry including Defence Secretary RK Mathur and other senior officials yesterday, Defence Ministry officials said.
The Army Chief said the brief period in which he got to work with the NDA government, he was impressed with government`s decisiveness, they said.
Soon after assuming office, the NDA government has cleared several projects for the armed forces including environmental clearances required for construction of roads in border areas along the border with China.
Going by the advise of the Army, the Government also ruled out any change in the controversial Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act imposed in Jammu and Kashmir in the first meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) of the Narendra Modi government.
Gen Singh is retiring at the end of the month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote
- Jose Mourinho's appointment as Manchester United coach is a great move, he knows how to win titles: David Beckham
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand