Army Chief praises Narendra Modi Government`s decisivenes
New Delhi: Few days before retirement, Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh praised the "decisiveness" of the NDA government at a tea party held for him by Defence Minister Arun Jaitley.
Gen Singh praised the decisiveness of the NDA government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the function attended by top officials of the Ministry including Defence Secretary RK Mathur and other senior officials yesterday, Defence Ministry officials said.
The Army Chief said the brief period in which he got to work with the NDA government, he was impressed with government`s decisiveness, they said.
Soon after assuming office, the NDA government has cleared several projects for the armed forces including environmental clearances required for construction of roads in border areas along the border with China.
Going by the advise of the Army, the Government also ruled out any change in the controversial Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act imposed in Jammu and Kashmir in the first meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) of the Narendra Modi government.
Gen Singh is retiring at the end of the month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!