Army chief reviews operational preparedness of eastern theatre
Kolkata: Chief of the Army Staff General Bikram Singh who was briefed on the operational preparedness of the Eastern Command by Army Commander Lieutenant General Dalbir Singh on Saturday said it would be given due importance.
"The Army Chief reiterated that the eastern theatre would be given due importance and all issues highlighted by the Army Commander are in keeping with the thrust on development of infrastructures to support the troops deployed in difficult areas," a defence release said here.
Gen Singh spoke to officers, junior commissioned officers and other ranks at the Fort William and emphasised that the Army was an organisation like a family where every member must be proud to be part of it.
He also stressed on the status and importance of the JCO, which gave them more responsibility and therefore, made them more accountable.
The army chief stated that he was happy with the state of morale in the army and mentioned some of the welfare measures initiated especially for jawans.
Gen Singh, who is scheduled to meet nearly 12,000 ex-servicemen during a rally at Barrackpore tomorrow, said that ex-servicemen must be looked after.
"It is these servicemen who have been the bed rock of our Army and committed towards the security of our borders and nation building," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt