Army chief reviews operational preparedness of eastern theatre
Kolkata: Chief of the Army Staff General Bikram Singh who was briefed on the operational preparedness of the Eastern Command by Army Commander Lieutenant General Dalbir Singh on Saturday said it would be given due importance.
"The Army Chief reiterated that the eastern theatre would be given due importance and all issues highlighted by the Army Commander are in keeping with the thrust on development of infrastructures to support the troops deployed in difficult areas," a defence release said here.
Gen Singh spoke to officers, junior commissioned officers and other ranks at the Fort William and emphasised that the Army was an organisation like a family where every member must be proud to be part of it.
He also stressed on the status and importance of the JCO, which gave them more responsibility and therefore, made them more accountable.
The army chief stated that he was happy with the state of morale in the army and mentioned some of the welfare measures initiated especially for jawans.
Gen Singh, who is scheduled to meet nearly 12,000 ex-servicemen during a rally at Barrackpore tomorrow, said that ex-servicemen must be looked after.
"It is these servicemen who have been the bed rock of our Army and committed towards the security of our borders and nation building," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says