Army Chief reviews operational readiness of 10 Corps
New Delhi: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Thursday visited the Bhatinda-based 10 Corps and reviewed measures to improve operational readiness of troops and their training.
He was accompanied by South Western Army Commander Lt Gen Gyan Bhushan and was briefed by Corps Commander Lt Gen Sanjeev Anand on the operational preparedness of troops in the area.
"The Army Chief appreciated measures undertaken by the formation to improve operational readiness and training of the Corps and also the efforts made to improve the quality of life of soldiers and their families," officials said here.
Gen Singh also interacted with the veterans and assured them that their welfare will always remain a priority for the Army. He also felicitated gallantry award winners amongst the veterans.
Last week Gen Singh had visited the Jaipur-based South Western Command of the Army and had discussed the challenges facing the army and the collective efforts required in overcoming them. He had also met state Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
"The Army Chief had emphasised on maintaining a high level of operational readiness to meet any eventuality. He also discussed issues pertaining to civil-military relations and programmes for development projects and human resources in the region," the officials said.
It was General Singh`s first visit to any Command after taking over as the Army Chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing