Army Chief skips defense expo
New Delhi: Caught in a row with Government over his leaked letter on the preparedness of the force, Army Chief Gen V K Singh was on Thursday conspicuous by his absence at a reception given by Defense Minister A K Antony for the on-going defense expo.
The exhibition is organized by Ministry of Defense for
showcasing defense equipment for land and naval forces
The Army Chief was not present in the dinner, which was
attended by Antony, Minister of State for Defence M M Pallam
Raju, Navy chief Admiral Nirmal Verma and senior officials
from ministry and industry.
Usually, the Army Chief attends the event. The Army Chief
had gone to Jammu and Kashmir two days back but was back in
the national capital by around 7 pm in the evening.
Air Chief N A K Browne was in Willington today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray